Required conditions to apply
In order to take a general competition or a selection process, the applicant must:
- be a citizen of an EU country;
- be entitled to full rights as an EU citizen;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed on you by the laws concerning military service;
- have thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and satisfactory knowledge of a second one – at least one of which must be English, French or German;
- regarding translation regarding translation and interpretation competitions, perfectly master one official EU language, as well as a thorough knowledge of a second and a third. One of these languages must necessarily be French, English or German.
Clear requirements are specified in the competition notice or call for expression of interest. They must be generally respected regarding qualifications and professional background. Minimum educational requirements vary according to the position.
- all non-graduate positions (assistant-level/function groups II, III) require (at least) that you have completed secondary education;
- all graduate positions (administrator-level/function group IV) require at least that you have completed university education (of three years).